Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Day 30

I have a couple mid-term tests coming up. I'm getting very nervous. I know I shouldn't be. I really should have nothing to fear. All of my classes have 97% or above for a grade. So, why am I freaking out? I don't know. But I have this irrational fear of failure. It haunts me no matter what I am doing. I really need to get over this. I didn't want to take the ACT because I thought I would fail. In the end, I got a scholarship because my score was so high in one area. I didn't want to take the driver's test either, because I thought I would fail. I passed with flying colors. (And I love driving too!) I have always had this terrible, terrible fear of failure. I don't know where it comes from. I have often wondered if it springs from the simple fact that I don't fail often, so maybe I think failure is the end of the world. I think I need to fail more, so that I can get over it and realize that failure is NOT the end of the world. But right now, I still think failure will kill me.

No comments:

Post a Comment