Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Day 45

Today I was once more reading outside on the quad....I just love the open air and the warm fall weather and the beautiful campus...and I was cheerfully interrupted several times from my reading by various "hellos" and "heys" and "how are yous". Most of the "friends" who walk by me and say hello when I am sitting outside are people I have only known for a couple months. People I met at the college. But it still fills me with so much happiness to see them all. I hear a familiar voice calling my name and look up to see someone I've only known for a short while, and yet they already seem so dear. And to think, I thought I would be lost among strangers at the college. I see my old friends constantly to be sure; but I see my new friends just as much and for most of them it gives me just as much pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment